The Writer

Name:
Location: Singapore

a little thing i'm trying out, with lyrics from songs and images from the web, piecing them together to put on this page.

The current mood of annz89 at www.imood.com
StatCounter
The Links

Eye for a Guy 2
Friendster
Gmail
Photobucket
Power98
Tomorrow.sg
The Recent Past
  • Primary School Gathering
  • I Hate It
  • Letting Go
  • Job Progress So Far
  • Class Of 2005
  • PAE
  • Calling All Sec 4 Students
  • Vacation Job
  • Liberation To Date
  • Thunderstorm - Pros And Cons
  • The History
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • The Credits
    Powered by Blogger

    miz graphics!

    The WeatherPixie

    idle thoughts

    ramblings, basically.

    Wednesday, December 07, 2005

    Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire

    My 2 cents worth.

    I'd give it like 3.5 out of 5. That's kinda sad for a Harry Potter film. Well, I personally thought it was a good story. Good film in a way. Plot's fabulous, no wonder why the book's selling well. Story wise it's awesome. Graphics wise it puts the mediacorp chinese serial on at 7pm every weekday to shame. Downright shame. That one has animation as good as (or worse than actually) that of the Powerpuff Girls. But graphics wise for Harry Potter it was really good. I thought the morphing, the surroundings and stuff were good as usual.

    However, the scenes were too rushed. It was so eager to tell you the beginning of it, the middle of it and the end of it for the sake of it. Just to cover all grounds as largely as possible. Like how it begun, there wasn't even 5 seconds of the Quidditch world cup. How odd is it to show them entering the stadium with glee and the next thing that happens, it's the post-match period already?

    I'm with Elise on this one - Dumbledore is WAY too outraged in this show. Dumbledore is meant to be fatherly. He wasn't fatherly at all to anybody in this show. He was too anxious, too fiery and too out of control of his temper, his shoutings. I want the old Dumbledore back! He keeps doing swift moves and all the "SILENCE!" it's unlike him. He used to be always calm and composed, cool as a cucumber, nothing can take him down or worry him. Too much tension.

    Next, every single scene of Harry Potter is of him taking deep, quick breaths. I mean I heard about Harry Potter being more fiery as he grows older but this isn't getting more fiery! It's getting more anxious with every single scene. And again, if each scene wasn't so quick as to show the beginning and the end, the deep breaths wouldn't be so emphasized. It's like, scene 1, Harry taking deep breaths. He's lost sight of the gang while everyone was running. Scene 2, Harry taking deep breaths. He's been chosen. Harry taking deep breaths. He's running. Harry taking deep breaths. He's under attack. Harry taking deep breaths... you get the drift.

    The entire movie just leaves you like digesting and digesting there wasn't much that kept you in suspense, dying to figure out what happens next. There were OH NO! moments, there were OUCH! moments but there wasn't much of WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN!! moments. And to make things worse, I predicted the ending. I usually don't manage to predict the endings for the previous movies. And no, I've never read the book. Any of them. So that was kinda sad.

    Though on the whole, I mean the scenes chosen were pretty wise I think. There wasn't much that I'd think this scene or that should be deleted and replaced with this other scene. I just thought if they stretched the movie longer to a 3 hour film and gave some scenes a little more development it might've left a better and deeper impression.

    Oh yeah Hermione seems to be undergoing puberty. She's always shouting! I know she's always tensed up but she wasn't as shouty-ish as she is now. I thought, anyway. I don't blame her though. I wouldn't be as half as calm as she is if I were her. Ron is the same old mental guy. Harry's still The Wizard (adaptations from The One). Cedric Diggory IS cute, now I see the point in everybody's ogling. And Cho Chang is really pretty. All the sites set up against the actress must've been reeeeeeally jealous fans. She's cute! Her accent was a little distracting but I thought she fits the role.

    Hmm... actually it was pretty satisfying to know I predicted the ending correctly. Okay I digress.

    Nonetheless, I thought the film was good. Kept me entertained. Oh yeah and the bit where Harry bawled and bawled - brought tears to my eyes but wasn't enough to make me really cry. I cried at the first movie okay! :p The measley bit where he flipped open the book with photographs of his parents carrying him while he was a baby? I cried! Gosh me. But anyway the bit Harry was bawling was really heartwrenching. I can't take it when people cry like that. :(

    Oh yeah, this is random. After 6 years, I've finally caught The Matrix. Heh.

    6 Comments:

    At Thu Dec 08, 04:50:00 pm GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    when did harry cry? the cedric part is it?

    u watched the matrix! FINALLY! now go read harry potter!

    ps: i'm too lazy to sign in

    -elise

     
    At Thu Dec 08, 08:31:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger sh said...

    yup cedric part. :)

    errr wait. ive gotta finish the other 2 movies too. :p reading harry potter. i'll think about it. *innocent look*

     
    At Sat Dec 10, 02:46:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger Seige said...

    too rushed indeed.

    matrix. haha. i erm.. i've caught all 3...only that i've never exactly finished watching any of them.

    *runs away*

     
    At Sat Dec 10, 06:33:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger sh said...

    *grin* im not the only loser seeeeeeeee!! :D

    it was too rushed that it became boring and slow. oh gosh. the irony

     
    At Sun Dec 11, 12:43:00 am GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    don't bother watching the next two matrixes! at the end you'll just go... HUH?!?! haha

     
    At Mon Dec 12, 09:10:00 am GMT+8, Blogger sh said...

    hahaha nevermind i'll have standby explanation. keke :p

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home