The Writer

Name:
Location: Singapore

a little thing i'm trying out, with lyrics from songs and images from the web, piecing them together to put on this page.

The current mood of annz89 at www.imood.com
StatCounter
The Links

Eye for a Guy 2
Friendster
Gmail
Photobucket
Power98
Tomorrow.sg
The Recent Past
  • Prom, Movie, Old Retard
  • Blood Pressure
  • Rubbish Conversation With Bro, #2143313
  • My Secondary School Years
  • Sights
  • Old Friend
  • JCs
  • Why I'm Weird
  • 4 Years - A Long Time
  • What Sucks
  • The History
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • The Credits
    Powered by Blogger

    miz graphics!

    The WeatherPixie

    idle thoughts

    ramblings, basically.

    Thursday, October 20, 2005

    Creepy Neighbour

    Song: Gavin DeGraw - Just Friends

    Rubbish conversation with bro, #3
    He: Is it gonna rain?
    I: Yup
    He: Is it gonna rain from now on?I: Yea
    He: How am I gonna get a tan?
    I: How am I gonna get a tan.
    He: Add 9 to 1 and you'll get ten.

    I think the conversations we have is enough for me to write a Book of Lameness, and it'd be just filled with everything he says. I wonder if there'll actually be people reading it though.

    Anyway, there's this creepy neighbour living in the same block as I am. Not on the same level but we share the lift on my level. (The lift we have doesn't stop at every level.) He's an old man, about 70ish years of age. He has a mixture of grey and white hair on his head. And, he always walks about in this pyjamas set (normally white in colour with faint stripes). And he's always cheery.

    Okay he's not psychotic. I know the picture I'm painting of him sounds a bit like he's got a screw loose somewhere, and is this eerie stalker around the neighbourhood. No, he isn't. He's nice. He's just… odd, to me.

    There was this once when my brother and I were out, and we just came back. When we were downstairs, walking towards the lift, he saw us. Upon recognising my brother, he began waving enthusiastically with this megawatt smile on his face, saying hi to my brother. My bro just said hi back, and then we continued walking.
    I: Who's he?
    He: I don't know.
    I: Huh?
    He: I don't know him but he always says hi to me.
    I: Err... he looked extremely happy to see you.

    Okay, so friendly neighbour tactics. :p Just yesterday, when I was coming home, he was waiting for the lift as well. When he saw me, he flaunted this wide smile. I just smiled back, wondering if he does actually know me. But you know, there's difference in smiles when you're smiling to someone you know, and when you're smiling cos you're just trying to be courteous. And that was definitely the former. So it was slightly weird.

    And to further prove my point that he's a nice guy, when we reached my level, I was waiting for him to walk out of the lift before I did. However, to my astonishment (lol this is mean. Why should I be astonished?), he stretched his arm and invited me out of the lift first before he walked out of it.

    A Chinese 70ish old man, mind you. I don't see that happening around in Singapore much now. Nice guy eh?

    I think my granny talks to him occasionally. I remember vaguely, my granny telling me they met at market and he offered to help her carry all her groceries back, and he did. He just tries to spend his time away for the lack of activities he can do but at least he does it gentlemanly. And healthily cos he walks to the market like a million times a day.

    A very nice guy. Just a bit creepy cos I still don't know who he is.

    And no, sparks will not fly between him and my granny. I bet you were thinking of that.

    14 Comments:

    At Thu Oct 20, 01:35:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger elise said...

    seems like a nice enough guy. haha i can imagine the enthusiastic waving.

    did i ever mention that the word verification thing's annoying? well it IS.

     
    At Thu Oct 20, 02:45:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger sh said...

    LOL i'm sorry elise. i do NOT want spams in my comments. so gotta resort to that. :) its easy peasy what, to just fill in the alphabets :p

    and yea very enthusiastic waving, excited expressions... nice guy. i just dont know who he is. lol

     
    At Thu Oct 20, 06:14:00 pm GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    haha so cute that grandpa! i'd adopt him as my grandpa! and we'd wave to each other everyday! ok that's beginning to sound a little weird haha. but i wish i had a neighbour like him, would brighten up my day :D

     
    At Thu Oct 20, 06:38:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger sh said...

    hahaha, i don't see him often though. that's why i don't know him! :p

    but that's funny. adopting him as a grandpa. hahahhaa

     
    At Fri Oct 21, 12:45:00 am GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    your brother's cute!! and how i wish i have such a nice neighbour too...

     
    At Fri Oct 21, 06:49:00 pm GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Haha...so cute! Yeah. Some old people tend to be MUCH MUCH more friendly than the young these days actually.

    Sometimes when I'm outside, these elderly will smile at you one la. Not like other ppl. Sighs. Sad ehs??

    And Huang!! That 'Rubbish conversation' you had with ur bro. It's so rubbishy!! Goodness.

    Can soon match up to Wan Ting ehs?

    Hmmms. Maybe you guys SHOULD come up with a book of LAMENESS. And add Wan Ting's lameness inside too! Like 'talking thru your lungs?!' (chi: fei4 hua4)

    Yeah. I'll buy it! Lolx.
    Know why? Cos it's soooo lame it makes me laugh! So when i'm feeling down or sth, i'll resort to reading the lameness=)) -grins-

     
    At Fri Oct 21, 06:50:00 pm GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh that was me btw..Haha Sorry! Forgot to leave my NAME! Hehs..And no I'm not as EGO as Zheya to say my BEAUTIFUL name=)

    Ahh! I'm nuts.

    P.S: Thanks to who? ****-***=)

     
    At Fri Oct 21, 06:51:00 pm GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    See what's wrong with me? This thing can't delete my own post..and yes I forgot to leave my name AGAIN. Shoot me. This time I'll rmb.

    Sighs getting senile

    -Sharon- <--- :p

     
    At Fri Oct 21, 07:38:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger sh said...

    jean, you're nuts. :P he's not cute. he's retarded. hahaha.

    sharon! LOL 3 comments finally 1 name :p i think whenever he's home, there's bound to be a rubbishy conversation. :p well, wan ting is beyond hope. who would've thought of fei hua as talking through your lungs. LOL well kinda creative though. hmm maybe i SHALL start a book of lameness. but dya think it'll sell? LOL i'll probably have like ONE reader. that's you. :p or maybe 2, cos i'll take pity on myself and read it too. hahahaha

     
    At Fri Oct 21, 08:06:00 pm GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    eh eh eh!

    i'll be your reader too! hahaha. and i know, with 2 brothers at home! haha. our conversations are like that too! so freakin dumb. but i like. (:

    it relaxes everything lar.

    and sharon liu! I'M SOOOO NOT EGO!

    -zheya

     
    At Fri Oct 21, 08:59:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger sh said...

    hahaha okay this is weird. last i checked, noone likes lame jokes. or people won't pay to buy a book on lame jokes. but ummm okaaay!

    i like it too though :p AND YOU? NOT EGO? hahahahhahahahhahaa. *meekly* if you say so. :p

     
    At Fri Oct 21, 10:42:00 pm GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    HAHA!

    Tan Zheya! You not ego?! Then who ego arh? LOL

    Yesyes Huang. I know! I couldn't stop laughing at how stupid I was. SIGHS

    Hey really! I'll really read it! I love lameness=) At least it's MUCH better than sadness, right? At least it makes you laugh. And might just make your day=)

     
    At Sat Oct 22, 10:56:00 am GMT+8, Blogger sh said...

    bet that's sharon. hahaha :p

    but i bet it wasn't really stupid. you had fun right??? :p that'd be the most important bit, don't ya think?

    true. i'd go for proper humour or sarcastic humour though. instead of lame humour. :p

     
    At Sat Oct 22, 06:44:00 pm GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hahaha. Yesyes. It's me=)

    Sure had fun laughing! Lol.

    You know what? Maybe I should just use the 'Other'. Lol!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home