The Writer

Name:
Location: Singapore

a little thing i'm trying out, with lyrics from songs and images from the web, piecing them together to put on this page.

The current mood of annz89 at www.imood.com
StatCounter
The Links

Eye for a Guy 2
Friendster
Gmail
Photobucket
Power98
Tomorrow.sg
The Recent Past
  • Movie Critic: A Lot Like Love
  • Incoherency
  • My IQ
  • My Achievement
  • From This Moment...
  • How Small Is Singapore?
  • Last Night
  • The Wedding
  • Movie Talk
  • Immature Bickering We Seek Thrill In
  • The History
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • The Credits
    Powered by Blogger

    miz graphics!

    The WeatherPixie

    idle thoughts

    ramblings, basically.

    Friday, June 24, 2005

    Fear

    Song: Good Charlotte - Walk Away (Maybe)
    Maybe I'm just scared
    To face the things I fear
    It's easier to walk away from everything
    This post shall be non-work related. Finally a more general topic.

    Fear.

    Have you ever felt yourself being scared but you don't know what you're scared of?

    Or perhaps you have a rough idea of what you're scared of, and you know that it's alright, but you're scared of it nonetheless?

    Even if it's not a bad thing?

    If you answer no to every question above, it just proves that I'm abnormal. It's okay to tell me I'm abnormal. lol

    And I like these particular lines from Missy Higgins' The Special Two.
    And you make boundaries you'd never dream to cross,
    And if you happen to, you wake completely lost
    Just because I know how that feels :p I'm so not a risk taker, everybody knows that. As much as I don't mind changes, certain changes just make me... I wouldn't say uncomfortable? But it takes a while to adjust and adapt. And absorb.

    Well, I say screw the way I was brought up. :p Screw it badly. I hate to think I'm being such a wimp because things are not according to the 'family plan'. The family plan is to go through primary education, secondary school, jc for 2 years, university, graduate, start dating, get married, settle down, earn big bucks. Seige is aware of this. lol But the thing is, because it's been such a mindset, if anything goes out of the way it's "supposed to be", I get freaked out.

    Anyway the point is, I like things planned and if anything goes wrong I would be upset. I don't like to take things as they come. I don't like to sit and watch to see what happens. I like to be able to expect them.

    Oh well I guess that's just... life. I'm now convinced that I would die if I were thrown out into the world out there. lol

    ====================
    [insane mode]
    omgomgomgomgomgomg OH MY GOD. I completed the 12 Bio essay questions. No wait, 11 cos I don't know how to do one. But I actually did 3 yesterday and 8 today. OMG.

    I copied mostly from the textbook but do I care? Do I care?

    I DON'T!!! TRALALALALA *throws confetti in the air*

    AND i studied nutrition and transport in both human and plants today. the stupidest heaviest chapters. TRALALALLALALA
    [/insane mode]

    7 Comments:

    At Fri Jun 24, 03:23:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger elise said...

    yes to both qns. i think we're all scared but maybe stepping out of our comfort zones is a good thing. that's why they're called risks, the outcome's unknown till you do it. plus i feel that freaking out is necessary n it's fine as long as you make the change in the end.

     
    At Fri Jun 24, 04:59:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger sh said...

    freaking out is necessary? wow that set me thinking. i suppose to an extent is it necessary. it's the only way to get harping on a certain topic or you wouldn't bother at all, if you weren't the slightest bit afraid?

    still, risks. not a risk taker. lol

     
    At Fri Jun 24, 05:05:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger elise said...

    a little bit of fear's only normal. oh n wow that's a lot of topics. i only studied atmosphere n environment today. haven't studied those bio chps.

     
    At Fri Jun 24, 05:12:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger sh said...

    lol what if there's more than just a bit of fear. and it's not for exams, that's for sure. haha

    jiayou! i haven't started on ss or lit so i'm panicking! atm & environment.. i went through it but i can't seem to recall details!

     
    At Fri Jun 24, 06:12:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger elise said...

    well then we'll have to try n overcome our fear. n i know that there's more to life than just exams. at least your sciences are done, i've started like a 1/4 of each science. whoa i commented so many times.

     
    At Fri Jun 24, 07:44:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger sh said...

    haha..

    my sciences aren't done. i'm far from finishing bio. farrrrr. transport in plants is SO far from the back.

    overcoming fear. hmm.

     
    At Sat Jun 25, 10:36:00 am GMT+8, Blogger Contrarian said...

    Hmmm, interesting post. I think I'll keep reading.

    chazinc.blogspot.com

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home