The Writer

Name:
Location: Singapore

a little thing i'm trying out, with lyrics from songs and images from the web, piecing them together to put on this page.

The current mood of annz89 at www.imood.com
StatCounter
The Links

Eye for a Guy 2
Friendster
Gmail
Photobucket
Power98
Tomorrow.sg
The Recent Past
  • Music Galore
  • Conquering the Island
  • Aftermath
  • Shan Wee
  • Auntie, Yi Bei Kopi-Peng!
  • *inhales deeply*
  • HEE HEE HEE
  • lalala
  • Robbed
  • Gift From The Mail
  • The History
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • The Credits
    Powered by Blogger

    miz graphics!

    The WeatherPixie

    idle thoughts

    ramblings, basically.

    Wednesday, June 01, 2005

    Fashionable. Not.

    It's about time I made this post. Been dragging too long for this. Just 2 issues that I need to bring up.

    1) "ME" Shirts

    Are Singaporeans gonna get over the "me" frenzy ever? Finding "me" in a maze is so passe. Besides, the whole idea of being individualistic (Hello? Why else would you think it says "me"? Like special ol' unique moi.) is completely scrapped. Everybody has a "me" on their shirts. And I just realised how I'm insulting some of my friends cos they have them. :p Okay I shall stop. It's just... too many people are wearing it. It's like those Hang 10's "Singapore" shirts.

    2) Wristbands

    Let's just take a moment and think it over. The original rubber wristband is yellow and it says LIVESTRONG on it. And melv bought me that from U.S. when it wasn't hot at all. When it was barely known. I happily wore it for a few occasions. And then everyone has one, importing from god knows where. That's still fine. Until...

    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

    They come in all colours, some of which say "Beauty" and "Princess". I'm aware that there were few original wristbands which were for the cause of raising awareness of Breast Cancer, etc. I know the blue ones were meant to say Believe... something. Believe in Yourself? I can't remember. But they were all with a purpose behind it, and for freaking charity.

    Now, they're just accessories. Bought anywhere and everywhere. Pick your own words to go with it. Okay, I'm just gonna admit that some people carry it off fairly well. Still, the entire meaning is lost. It was there to raise awareness, to raise money for charity. I personally remember Andy Roddick having the blue one on and I thought, ooh awesome looking. Now everybody just copies one another. That's... not trendy, is it? Not original either. I don't think I'll be wearing my LiveStrong anytime soon.

    (No offence to anyone who wears it. I mean, I know tons of people who wear it. Most of you carry it off well, I swear. [P/S: Don't kill me, you guys!])

    Anyhow, today, I bought...
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

    Yay *beam* finally.

    8 Comments:

    At Wed Jun 01, 06:46:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger Seige said...

    lol.we took such a while to find that cd.

    anyhow, the wristbands and the shirt. i think i neednt comment on it since, well i started the conversation huh? u know exactly how i feel. :)

    psychological, i'm telling you!

    DOMINATION!!

     
    At Wed Jun 01, 06:47:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger sh said...

    haha yea. it's inbuilt eh. once the mass starts wearing something, we lose interest in it immediately. wonder if it's a gift or a curse!

     
    At Wed Jun 01, 08:51:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger Seige said...

    it's both babe, it's both.

     
    At Wed Jun 01, 09:31:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger Lianne said...

    I AGREE. lol. caps lock was accidentally on, but methinks i'll leave it. heh. i have the black & white SUSU ones. and that's it. the whole point is that it's to support a charity! *fume*

     
    At Thu Jun 02, 05:13:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger Brendy said...

    agree with ur wristbands thingy...i tot the same way too..aint gonna wear it cos everyone wears...but..i decided to have an open mind bout it..cos my bros gf got me 2..lol..so here i am wearing a pink and white..wear yours soon...=)

     
    At Thu Jun 02, 05:44:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger sh said...

    *grin lianne*

    hahaa bren, i don't THINK i'll be wearing mine anytime soon. :p

    wow wow everyone agrees with MOI! i'm awesome. :p

     
    At Thu Jun 02, 05:46:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger Seige said...

    *clears throat*

    oh nevermind.lol

     
    At Thu Jun 02, 05:47:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger sh said...

    what have i told you about strepsils, sweetie? i sound like someone. oh nevermind too. :p lol

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home