The Writer

Name:
Location: Singapore

a little thing i'm trying out, with lyrics from songs and images from the web, piecing them together to put on this page.

The current mood of annz89 at www.imood.com
StatCounter
The Links

Eye for a Guy 2
Friendster
Gmail
Photobucket
Power98
Tomorrow.sg
The Recent Past
  • Most Adorable Kitten
  • Sweetest Little Thing...
  • This Is Home...
  • Retail Therapy
  • I Wanna Go To Canada Now!
  • What Sign Of The Zodiac Am I Meant For?
  • In The Cold
  • Terrorism
  • Geniuses
  • Rants For The Evening
  • The History
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • The Credits
    Powered by Blogger

    miz graphics!

    The WeatherPixie

    idle thoughts

    ramblings, basically.

    Friday, August 12, 2005

    Oral And Its Compensations

    Song: Papa Roach - Be Free

    Tomorrow I'll be out, studying. *gasp* That is such an odd idea, especially when it's noone from school or my cousin. LOL I hardly think it'll work, but we'll see. Risking a Saturday.

    Today's O's English Orals was reaaally really really bad. I was stuttering during the picture discussion and conversation. I spouted a 'lah' and said 'that sort of thing' - everything one should avoid in an oral examination. I went out of point for the second conversation question - "The expectations of people make them take their lifestyles for granted. Do you agree?" What the?!

    I hardly had much content for the picture, though I think overall that might've been fine. But the conversation was such a letdown, really. To think I was overjoyed when the invigilator for the prelims oral told me I'm a 'good conversationalist'. Snort. Good, my arse.

    The passage was great though. It was pretty smooth from head to tail. For once, really. Even though I stumbled twice on the same phrase, surprisingly it wasn't downhill from there. I regained composture and was smooth all way through again. So, that should be fine.

    But I swear to god, the conversation was really bad. I hope, hope, hope I get a distinction. I suck at comprehension, and I cannot entirely rely on composition. Oh pleaseeeeee, god, help!

    Nonetheless, thanks to all the sweeties who were trying to calm my nerves before the oral, and the sweetie consoling me after the oral. As a result, I got a Papa Roach CD. If I'd got the CD in the afternoon, I'd be blasting it quite happily. :p But now that I've gotten over it, ranted it to enough people, I'm quite okay already. Screw it. Not to forget, I said, "I don't completely agree" because I forgot about the existence of the word 'disagree'. I said, "machines that detect" because I forgot there's such a word as 'sensor'. That's what people do when they're shit scared, isn't it? :p

    And, caught Charlie & The Chocolate Factory. *grin* Many lines that I can't seem to forget.
    "Daddy, I want another pony."
    "Daddy, make time move faster."
    "Daddy, I want a squirrel."
    "I don't have a lot of pets, I just have 2 ponies, [insert number here] [insert pet here] ... and a stupid big hamster."
    "They think he's a genius but he's an idiot. And I'm not."
    "The best prize... is a sur-prize. Ha ha, ha ha." - the usual chortle from Mr Wonka that I absolutely love. :p

    Oh, Willy Wonka. My new found love flame. My idol. :p I want some wonka chocolates! Well, I quite liked it generally. :) Plot was lovely thanks to Roald Dahl. Acting was odd. I'm so hooked on Wonka's chortles. The little boy (Charlie) was slightly stiff but he's so sweet. Kinda nice and light-hearted!

    5 Comments:

    At Fri Aug 12, 11:46:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger elise said...

    think you'll do fine for oral. usually the o level standard isn't that high.

    ooh papa roach! i love them! and willy wonka! oompas!

     
    At Sat Aug 13, 09:29:00 am GMT+8, Blogger sh said...

    oh i HOPE. daren't say much. but i think i went completely out of point for that particular question.

    *grin* i love 'em too! both papa roach and willy wonka. :p

     
    At Sat Aug 13, 06:21:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger Seige said...

    *points to Wonka convo*

    repeat that to me for the 10000th time, and i will.. u know.:)

     
    At Mon Aug 15, 09:02:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger sh said...

    wallop me? :p

    thanks mainey!

     
    At Mon Aug 15, 09:15:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger bixiathemermaid said...

    I LOVE WILLI WONKA. AND THE CHO FACTORY.hahaha

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home