The Writer

Name:
Location: Singapore

a little thing i'm trying out, with lyrics from songs and images from the web, piecing them together to put on this page.

The current mood of annz89 at www.imood.com
StatCounter
The Links

Eye for a Guy 2
Friendster
Gmail
Photobucket
Power98
Tomorrow.sg
The Recent Past
  • What Sign Of The Zodiac Am I Meant For?
  • In The Cold
  • Terrorism
  • Geniuses
  • Rants For The Evening
  • Random Thoughts From All Over
  • Young Little Ones
  • Regrets, I've Made A Few
  • Boys of the O.C.
  • Low In Cash, High In Demands
  • The History
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • The Credits
    Powered by Blogger

    miz graphics!

    The WeatherPixie

    idle thoughts

    ramblings, basically.

    Saturday, August 06, 2005

    I Wanna Go To Canada Now!

    Song: SR-71 - Politically Correct

    (Seige, you'll want to read every bit of this.)

    I'm close to feeling emotional at the moment upon reading an email from my cousin addressed to my brother. He's residing in Canada, leading pretty free and easy life shifting about quite a lot. His wife, as I remember, was a real nice lady. She's one of the nicest mums I know around. Or maybe because she's not the usual mum we see in Singapore. Their parenting styles are different. They allow their girls to run about (only because they're mature enough to, anyway) and the little one used to bump into the padded wall and fall, and no one does anything to it, while my cousin and I stood in shock, wondering if she was going to cry. The little one was probably 5 then. And needless to say, she didn't. Instead, she laughed at her own fall and climbed up again.

    Now, my nieces, aged 13 and 9, are all grown up! They're both gifted, but chose to go to the Arts school to do lots of performing, theatre, dancing, etc. They're into ballet, tap and jazz dancing. The 13-year-old plays the drums and guitar, and is currently into flute. The 9-year-old's self taught piano and guitar player. Sounds very much like me. :p

    Thing is, I can't seem to put that into place. The last time I saw them was when they were... probably 9 and 5. I can't remember. I can't piece both bits of the puzzle together. I don't know how they look like now, only heard they're much taller, prettier. I miss them so badly. They were like little sisters cos the age gap isn't there, but they're actually nieces!

    I remember how odd it was when they arrived, cos they don't remember us much since they come once in a few years. But soon, Seige and I were entertaining them quite a bit, and they didn't want to leave. We, too, didn't want them to leave. Not forgetting our affinity with them being Eurasians. *cough*biased*cough* Mainly because they think very much better than even our other cousins who're older than them by a few years. Much more mature too. And anyone who knows Seige and I knows how much we despise extreme immaturity. Esp those cousins who're a few years older than those nieces, they're pale in comparison. Completely s.p.o.i.l.t. So annoying, that I love my nieces so much. :p

    Anyhow, my brother emailed my cousin about me as well, updating him on how the family's doing. He said he can't picture me being 16, taking the O's and all, cos he always remembered me as the 'cute little girl'. He said the girls remember me but not by my name. (Well, well. It's true what people say then. People don't remember you by the tag you're named, but by the person you are. *sparkle*) But it's extremely heartwarming to know they actually remember me. If I were their age I probably won't remember someone I visited 4 years back, and then 10 years back. I remember writing in my journal when I was 12, that if they come back 6 years later, I'll be 18. They came when I was 6 before that. I even have a picture of one of them with me when we were so tiny, hopping on my uncle's black leather couch, I remember, in his old house. It's always been in my wallet.

    I'm amazed that we're suddenly all in contact again, cos I truly miss them, and not because I want to go to Canada badly. Okay maybe that too, but definitely more of the former. And my brother's seriously considering migrating to Canada, I think. Anyway *hop* they sent us the email addresses of the girls.

    (SEIGEY! ASK ME FOR THEM!! :D)

    This is the one in my wallet.
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

    10 Comments:

    At Sat Aug 06, 06:09:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger Seige said...

    I WILL!

    I've seen a recent picture of them. not THAT recent i mean, but at least when their arnd 12 and 8.. they've grown into such beauties, i'm telling you.

    next time they're here, i am so gonna take them shopping.:)

    i miss them!!!

     
    At Sat Aug 06, 06:11:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger sh said...

    i miss them so much tooooooo. :) i cant wait for them to come again. we can now all doll up and go town or something. bring them all around!!!

    i haven't seen very recent pictures of them. bro asked our cousin to send some photos. he said he'll ask M to scan 'em and send it over. i've asked her to send it over too, in my email. *hop* can't wait for a reply.

     
    At Sat Aug 06, 06:59:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger Seige said...

    tell me when she replies u. and it's been four years already??

    wow. feels like i haven't grown though.lol

     
    At Sat Aug 06, 08:45:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger elise said...

    ooh canada! me n debo wanna go end of the year, u should come! (but i must add that the hopes of that happening aren't that high, but it would be so much fun!)

    oh anyway, my cousin who's from london is visiting and is sitting behind me now playing cards. haha. yup cousins are fun.

     
    At Sat Aug 06, 09:02:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger sh said...

    yeah four bloody years. feels like more than that though. :p i feel like i've grown since i met them cos i remember writing to Miss Lee from gongshang about them. LOL

    yea elise, pack me in your luggage if you may. :p no $ lah! cousins rock sometimes :p

     
    At Sun Aug 07, 11:10:00 am GMT+8, Blogger elise said...

    save up and borrow some $!

     
    At Sun Aug 07, 01:27:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger Seige said...

    lol ann, cousins do. but nieces do too. :p

    and honestly, it feels more like 6,7 years. woowwwwww!

     
    At Sun Aug 07, 05:18:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger sh said...

    cannot lah. cannot afford canada. maybe when i start working. :p

    seige *grin* nieces soooooo do. wheeeee!

     
    At Sun Aug 07, 09:39:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger Seige said...

    and we're gonna have a new niece/nephew! S(M's dad's sis-lol complicated)'s pregnant with her 3rd child! *grins*

     
    At Sun Aug 07, 09:48:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger sh said...

    OOH!!! SS? :p OOOOOHHHH!!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home